Sensory play supports language development, cognitive growth, fine and gross motor skills, problem solving skills, and social interaction.
Scoop, pour, touch, smell, search for hidden items or pick up items. Coloured rice is very versatile and activities can be changed up so everyday is a different activity to train different skills.
Our vibrant coloured rice for your child’s sensory play are made using only 3 ingredients: rice, vinegar (to set the colour and prevent colour bleeding if accidentally coming into contact with water) and food colouring. However, we advise that kids are supervised while playing.
- It is common that there is some vinegar smell when you open up the bags. The smell should fade over time.
- The colours of the rice may fade over time
- The colours of each batch of rice may vary slightly
- If the rice has clumped up, break them apart using your hands.
- Store in an airtight container
Care instructions: Avoid water during rice play to extend its lifespan. If water has accidentally been added to the rice, allow it to dry before storing in container. The rice might clump up after drying. Just break up the clumps gently and you are ready for another play session!